2011 MPI Sacramento Sierra Nevada Chapter Mentor Program
Are you new to the meeting industry or new to MPI Sacramento/Sierra Nevada chapter? Do you feel stuck in your current hospitality job and wonder if there are other opportunities out there? Have you been in this industry for awhile and would like to share your wealth of knowledge?
If you said yes to any of these questions, the MPI Sacramento/Sierra Nevada Chapterís MENTOR PROGRAM may have the answers you are looking for and the best part itís a FREE service to all chapter members.
This program is designed to match volunteer mentors from our local chapter with mentees for a three-month commitment. Mentoring is available to members at any stage in their hospitality career who are interested in developing new skills or make progress toward professional goals. The program is intended for career development purposes only; marketing or soliciting for business reasons is prohibited.
Below are the guidelines for participating in this programÖ
1. Determine what you hope the outcome will be from participating in this program. Here are some questions to help you start identifying your needs:
a. What career opportunities are there in the meetings industry?
b. Iíve been doing this same job for a while and donít know how to advance?
c. Do I need more education?
d. Are there volunteer opportunities in the community where I can learn more about the hospitality industry?
e. What is the CMP program? Can these credentials really help my career?
f. How can chapter meetings or events help me achieve my goals?
g. Iím new to Sacramento; can you introduce me to more industry people within the Sacramento/Sierra Nevada region.
2. Determine your level of time commitment for three months. We encourage mentors and mentees to meet at a minimum of one chapter event and to setup a schedule to regularly communicate over the three month period.
3. After one-month, fill out a program progress report to ensure the process is working for both parties.
4. At the end of the three-month period, fill out a program evaluation form.
5. Click here to begin the process and to sign-up as a mentee participant.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Member Services Chair, Angelique Hill, CAE at email@example.com or 916-923-2200.
Are you interested in becoming a Mentor? Please click here to learn more about becoming a Mentor.
Click here** to begin the process and to sign-up as a mentor participant.